لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

لنتعلم الإنجليزية

Let's Learn ENGLISH Together

Homedifference - The difference between e.g. and i.e Icon_mini_portal_enGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The difference between e.g. and i.e

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

difference - The difference between e.g. and i.e Empty
PostSubject: The difference between e.g. and i.e   difference - The difference between e.g. and i.e Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 am

The abbreviations e.g. (from the Latin exempli gratia) and i.e. (from the Latin id est) are often confused. This is because they are both used to clarify something previously mentioned. However, they are not the same.

e.g.
The abbreviation e.g. is used to provide an example:

Examples:
- The buffet provided excellent variety, e.g., vegetarian and non-vegetarian soups, Italian and French breads, and numerous sweets. (e.g. = for example)
- He was the school champion of many activities (e.g., chess, badminton, 110m hurdles, and high jump). (e.g. = for example)

i.e.
The abbreviation i.e. is used to restate an idea more clearly or offer more information. (It can usually be substituted with in other words.)

Examples:
- It happened in August, i.e., two months ago. (i.e. = in other words)
- Service charge is included in all prices; i.e., you don't have to leave a tip. (i.e. = in other words)

difference - The difference between e.g. and i.e Ie_eg_10
Back to top Go down
http://teacher-of-english.ch.ma

The difference between e.g. and i.e
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
لنتعلم الإنجليزية :: English Lessons الدروس التعليمية-
Jump to: