لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

لنتعلم الإنجليزية

Let's Learn ENGLISH Together

HomeFew / Little - A Few / A Little Icon_mini_portal_enGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Few / Little - A Few / A Little

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Few / Little - A Few / A Little Empty
PostSubject: Few / Little - A Few / A Little   Few / Little - A Few / A Little Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Few or Little

We use few before plural nouns and little before singular uncountable nouns. They both mean that the amount we are talking about is not a lot,

e.g.

• I'm only taking a few things with me on this trip: a couple of T shirts and a pair of trousers.
• There's a little milk in the fridge. Can you buy some more?

Few and little (without the indefinite article 'a') are more negative in meaning. They express the idea 'not as many/much as I would like'.

A Few or A Little

A few and a little (with the indefinite article 'a') are similar in meaning to 'some'. They express quite a positive idea.
Few and little (without the indefinite article 'a') are more negative in meaning. They express the idea 'not as many/much as I would like'.

Compare these two sentences:

• We studied the Present Perfect yesterday in our English class; few students understood it. (Not many students understood and that's a problem.)

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://teacher-of-english.ch.ma

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
لنتعلم الإنجليزية :: English Lessons الدروس التعليمية-
Jump to: