لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

لنتعلم الإنجليزية

Let's Learn ENGLISH Together

HomeTense Use Rules with Explanations Icon_mini_portal_enGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tense Use Rules with Explanations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tense Use Rules with Explanations Empty
PostSubject: Tense Use Rules with Explanations   Tense Use Rules with Explanations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:16 pm

- Tense Use Rules with Explanations

These explanation resources provide the rules for each tense, as well as examples of proper tense use. Use the time expression commonly used with the tense, as well as the example sentences to help you get started.

Present Simple: Everyday - When do you get up? / Tom usually eats lunch at home.

Present Continuous: Now - She's watching TV at the moment. / I'm not working, I'm reading a newspaper.

Past Simple: Yesterday - They went on vacation last July. / Where did you meet Tim?

Past Continuous: Yesterday, at X o'clock They were watching TV at 5 o'clock yesterday. / What were you doing when he came home?

Present Perfect: Since / For - I've lived here a long time. / Have you ever seen that film?

Past Simple vs. Present Perfect: I've lived here for many years. vs. I lived there before I moved to New York.

Present Perfect Continuous: Since / For + Time - We've been working since 8 this morning. / What has she been doing recently?

Past Perfect: Already - They had already eaten when she arrived. / Had you finished the report by the time he asked for it?

Future with Will: Tomorrow, Next week - We'll get together next week. / Will you be able to come tomorrow?

Future with Going to: Tomorrow, Next year, semester, etc. - They're going to study Russian next semester. / Where are you going to stay?

Future Perfect: By, By the time - I'll have finished by the time he arrives. / Will you have done the work by six?

Future Continuous: At X o'clock, This time next year, month, week / What will you be doing this time next year? - She'll be working tomorrow at 10 o'clock.

Conditional Forms: If questions - What would you do if you had enough time? / If she is in town, she'll come to the meeting.

Alternate Conditional Forms

Modal Forms: Asking Permission, Giving Advice, etc. - May I help you? / He should see a doctor.

Modal Verbs of Probability: Stating guesses - He must have stayed at home today. / She might be downstairs.
Back to top Go down
http://teacher-of-english.ch.ma

Tense Use Rules with Explanations
Page 1 of 1