لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Enjoy your visit
لنتعلم الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

لنتعلم الإنجليزية

Let's Learn ENGLISH Together

Homeperfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Icon_mini_portal_enGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT

Go down 

Vote
Bad
perfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Vote_lcap0%perfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ok
perfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Vote_lcap0%perfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Good
 0% [ 0 ]
Very Good
 0% [ 0 ]
Excellent
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

perfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Empty
PostSubject: SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT   perfect - SIMPLE PAST / PAST PERFECT Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Exercise 1:
Put the verb in the correct tense Past perfect or simple past

I'm sorry I left without you last night, but I told you to meet me early because the show started at 8:00. I (try) _____ to get tickets for that play for months, and I didn't want to miss it. By the time I finally left the coffee shop where we were supposed to meet, I (have) _____ five cups of coffee and I (wait) _____ over an hour. I had to leave because I (arrange) _____ to meet ghizlane in front of the theatre.

When I arrived at the theatre, Ghizlane (pick, already) _____ up the tickets and she was waiting for us near the entrance. She was really angry because she (wait) _____ for more than half an hour. She said she (give, almost) _____ up and (go) _____ into the theatre without us.

Ghizlane told me you (be) _____ late several times in the past and that she would not make plans with you again in the future. She mentioned that she (miss) _____ several movies because of your late arrivals. I think you owe her an apology. And in the future, I suggest you be on time!

Exercise 2:
Put the verbs between brackets in the correct tense: Past Perfect or Simple Past.

Example: Pat _________ (to live) in London before he _________ (to move) to Rome.
Answer: Pat had lived in London before he moved to Rome.

1) After Fred ________(to spend) his holiday in Italy he________ (to want) to learn Italian
2) Jill ________ (to phone) Dad at work before she ________ (to leave) for her trip.
3) Susan ________ (to turn on) the radio after she ________ (to wash) the dishes.
4) When she ________ (to arrive) the match ________already ________ (to start).
5) After the man ________ (to come) home he ________ (to feed) the cat.
6) Before he ________ (to sing) a song he ________ (to play) the guitar.
7) She ________ (to watch) a video after the children ________ (to go) to bed.
Cool After Eric ________ (to make) breakfast he ________ (to phone) his friend.
9) I ________ (to be) very tired because I ________ (to study) too much.
10) They ________ (to ride) their bikes before they ________ (to meet) their friends.
Back to top Go down
http://teacher-of-english.ch.ma

Page 1 of 1